DIVERSITY & INCLUSION SOLUTIONS:
Utilizing a set of seven actionable tools, Incognito sets the foundation for not only DEI objectives, but leadership and management goals as well. As an integral part of each Incognito offering, these tools offer a roadmap for success in navigating difficult and challenging conversations in the workplace and beyond. Michael developed these tools over the past fifteen years traveling all around the country helping to foster constructive dialogue on difficult issues. He has found great success sharing these seven tools at companies, educational institutions, and government agencies helping audiences have more authentic discussions within their organizations and personal lives. The complete list of tools can be downloaded below.DOWNLOAD TOOLS SHEET
- Tell your story. Open up and listen. By sharing our personal stories we discover commonalities.
- Don’t judge the differences. Flip the script; instead of allowing the differences to create a wall between us, start by finding a mutual interest, then embrace the differences (after all, if we were all the same, we’d be bored!). It’s the differences that make us stand out as people, and it’s the differences that make us unique in the marketplace.
- Recognize there isn’t any one way to have a conversation about identity and race. We all have different experiences and therefore bring different points of view to the table – this is actually the strength of our collective spirit, our diversity.
- We can disagree, so long as we’re not disagreeable. Take responsibility for the language we use – Freedom of Speech carries responsibilities.
- Get comfortable being uncomfortable.
- Understand there are realities outside your own experience. Just because we may not have experienced racism, sexism, homophobia, age discrimination, disability indifference or other forms of discriminatory treatment, doesn’t mean those are not realities for other people. Listen with empathy.
- Practice forgiveness. It has been described as the hardest work you will ever do, but the most rewarding.