Incognito is a highly effective way to begin a dialogue about difficult topics in a safe environment. Appropriate for grades 5th and up, the play touches on issues many schools would rather avoid. THESE ISSUES CAN NO LONGER BE AVOIDED. We also offer pre-presentation training workshops for faculty, providing them with skills to engage their students in these difficult dialogues. The play presentation is supplemented with study-guide materials, including lesson plans for middle and high school students.
Michael Fosberg’s Incognito has been invited to high schools, private and public universities and community colleges by faculty, academic advisors, student leaders, student-run organizations and parent/teacher organizations. It has been used as for student assemblies, diversity festivals and diversity-training programs since 2002 when it first began touring the U.S.
Past educational venues include:
- Sidwell Friends School – Washington, DC
- York High School – Elmhurst, IL
- The Marlborough School – Los Angeles, CA
- St. Stephen’s Episcopal School – Austin, TX
- Avon Old Farms School, Avon, CT
- Harvard University – Cambridge, MA
- University of Chicago – Chicago, IL
- Centenary College – Shreveport, LA
- Old Dominion University – Norfolk, VA
- Ulster County BOCES Superintendent’s Day
The performance for schools generally runs from 60-80 minutes in duration (50-minute performance plus 10-30 minute Q&A with Michael) and can be performed anytime between 9:00AM and 8:00PM. If you would like to discuss a performance for your school in more detail or put an upcoming date on hold, please contact us at email@example.com.